Happy Sunday everyone! It’s Shari here with a mixed medium project for you.
I’ve tried an old technique for painting using ointment or petroleum jelly to create a peeled paint look. This is the first time I’ve tried it and it was really fun to see what results I would end up with. I like it!!
The next step was to add some ointment or petroleum jelly in areas where I want my paint to resist. I added paint with a brush, let it dry then wiped with a towel. I repeated the steps with each color of paint, cleaning the surface with a baby wipe in between applications.
Once I had my paints the way I liked, I went to town adding a die cut globe, ephemera, flowers, quote and a few findings. Once I was done, I painted the frame piece black and glued it down to my collage.
I have a full process video for you which you can view below or on our YouTube channel HERE.
Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win a special blog candy!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a fantastic day!