I’m making two mini slimline cards with the adorable Gull-Friends set. These colorful cards also feature our brand new, Waves Builder cling. This pull-apart cling stamp makes it so easy to create custom patterns and backgrounds.
Each card features some fun sentiments from both Art Impressions’ Gull-Friends and Simon’s Tropical Silhouettes stamp sets. I also included embellishments from the Rainbow Bright and Sea Glass sequin mixes.
These trendy mini slimline cards using the Gull-Friends set from Art Impressions are perfect to send for the upcoming summer season! Be sure to watch the video to see how they were created! Happy Funny Friday!
Hi, all! Kristina Werner here. Have you all seen the July 2021 Card Kit yet? It’s packed with SO many new products to create with! For my six–YES, SIX!–cards today I chose to focus on the stamp set. I created heat emboss resist cards with ink blending.
I chose six colors of Simon cardstock and used the Garden Greetings stamp set from the kit to create the card designs. I used gold embossing powder for five of the cards, and white embossing powder on one.
Then I started ink blending! I used various colors of Simon ink to add darker areas on the cards. The heat embossed stamped images resist the color.
Hello, it’s Debby here. When I saw the new Delicate Outline Flowers set from Simon’s new Rainbows release I knew I had to paint it! My first thought was to heat emboss the design in Antique Gold Embossing powder and use the raised heat embossed lines to resist some quick and easy watercoloring. However, in the end, no-line watercoloring won as I felt this technique lets the gorgeous blooms shine.
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Stamp the Simon Says Stamp Delicate Outline Flowers set using Spun Sugar and Bundled Sage Distress Markers on Fabriano Artistico Cold-Pressed watercolor card.
- Tape the card to a board with 3M Painter’s Tape to prevent warping.
- Watercolor. I used Daniel Smith paints.
- Splatter with White Gouache, left-over paint and Perfect Pearls
- Trim the panel and adhere to a Fog card base with 3M Foam Tape.
- Trim two coordinating greetings from the Simon Says Stamp Sentiments Strips Reverse Wedding set and adhere with foam tape.
- Add a trio of Eggshell Pearls using Gina K connect glue to keep them in place.
Well, that’s me for this month. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial; you’ll find the video below. Thanks for joining me and I hope to see you next time for Doodling With Debby.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and thanks to Debby for being our guest!