Holiday House Mouse Fun!
Hi bloggers! Happy Wednesday morning to you! I’m always so pleased to bring you gorgeous inspiration from my good pal and Wednesday Challenge Design team lead, Lorraine Aquilina. She’s as sweet, funny, & smart as she is TALENTED! Below she tells you a little about her card making process! Enjoy!
- Before settling down to make a card I first assemble the basic things that I think I might use. I choose the image and then rummage through my paper box to see which pack I would like to use. Today I chose the lovely new Peace Joy Love papers from Lawn Fawn and their matching mixed sequins and mistletoe twine, I love how buying matching items makes life so much easier :-)
- Matching the papers with Copic markers. When coloring House Mouse images I tend to use the same colors.
- Lightly color the whole image with the palest of the colors, this makes blending the darker tones easier. Aww… isn’t he cute?
- I then see where the darker areas are going to be and use a little bit of the darker shades.
- I have highlighted the lighter areas with a Prismacolor White pencil. Inked around the edges using Stormy Sky Distress Ink and a Blending Tool and I also inked the lower edge with white Colorbox Pigment ink and embossed with Stampendous Shabby White Embossing Enamel. This is the first time I am trying this out and I love it ! I can see me using heaps of this !!
- A little tip here, using a craft knife cut out inside the base layering card and use this to mat the image, saves on card and postage! Every little helps.
The finished card!! I used a Holly Vine Die from Memory Box and I cut the corner holly on the Silhouette Cameo. The Poinsettia is from Tim Holtz and I added some Magnolia Redly Berries to the center. I wrapped some Lawn Fawn Mistletoe twine around the panel and tied a bow, then added loads of sequins and added a SSS Exclusive ‘Happy’ Sentiment to finish.
I also made this card using a House Mouse Turning Over a New Leaf and papers and products in Simon’s October ‘Season of Thanks’ Card Kit. I also used some Lawn Fawn Twine and a SSS Exclusive Thanks and Sketchy Banners Die.
Bonus! One more lovely Christmas inspiration below! For that cool effect on the white portion of the hat, try Flower Soft in Polar White!
Supplies for all 3 cards:
Thank you so much for inviting me to join in with the STAMPtember event :-) I am thrilled to have been asked to showcase the new range of House Mouse Cling stamps and I hope you like what I made :-)
Thanks so much for reading today and thanks so Lorraine for being our guest today!
Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win a special blog candy!
All these cards are super cute! But that’s no surprise with Lorraine’s talent :)
Super cute cards.
Love all 3 cards.. Am new to the world of crafts and am studying from you veterans..
Hay por dios es una belleza!!!
Aww this cards ate so cute.
the tastefull combining of coulours on these mouse cards are faboulous! Next to that I really love mice as my nickname is Micky Mouse. I get inspiration by lokking at these creations of Lorraine and want to buy all stuff needed (one gets gready from time to time!) Now I still need to learn to coulour stamps properly, but I get more and more exited by this blog! THANKS!!!
Fab cards and such cute images love the fun element.Thanks for sharing
These mousies are just too cute! Awesome creations! Hugs! xx
Ooo WOW HM in cling version, how fabby, i’ll have to check them out, thanks for such a great tutorial too, Luv Sam x
Absolutely adorable cards! TFS!
Very cute cards!
So much cuteness!!
Wow thanks for the demo on how you achieved this look :) These are great images to work with :)
These cards all came together beautifully! I especially love the music sheet paper!
Such cute little mice!
Gorgeous cards Lorraine. Thanks for sharing.
very cute!! beautiful coloring :) loved it!!
Wow, so many lovely cards, we are spoilt here :) I love the first one mostly… the sequins look fantastic and love the holly die. xx
Thanks for the inspiration, fabulous cards.
Wow… Lorraine is really tallented! Fabulous coloring and stunning cards. :)
Wow! never knew mice were so adorable!
can i say j e a l o u s! i admire your ability to color so nicely!
Love both the cards, awesome coloring !!
Absolutely gorgeous, beautiful colouring and thank you for sharing how to! x
Super cute cards, love all of them, nice job with the colouring it’s awesome. I just bought that stamp on the third card, I can hardly wait to create.
So happy these cute little mice are being featured in big ways again!! Thanks for the inspiration, Lorraine.
It’s always a pleasure to see Lorraine’s HM creations, and these are fabulous as usual! TFS :)
very nice!! beautiful cards :) Greetings from Croatia
All 3 cards are stunning. I just adore House Mouse x
Congrats on being showcased too, well deserved with your talent x
hugs sally x
3 wonderful cute cards love them xx
the cards are beautiful…the coloring is too good.
Gorgeous cards! Thanks for the inspiration! Greetings from Belgium, Annelies
very beautiful exquisite looks thanks for sharing