Hi bloggers! Happy Wednesday morning to you! I’m always so pleased to bring you gorgeous inspiration from my good pal and Wednesday Challenge Design team lead, Lorraine Aquilina. She’s as sweet, funny, & smart as she is TALENTED! Below she tells you a little about her card making process! Enjoy!
- Before settling down to make a card I first assemble the basic things that I think I might use. I choose the image and then rummage through my paper box to see which pack I would like to use. Today I chose the lovely new Peace Joy Love papers from Lawn Fawn and their matching mixed sequins and mistletoe twine, I love how buying matching items makes life so much easier :-)
- Matching the papers with Copic markers. When coloring House Mouse images I tend to use the same colors.
- Lightly color the whole image with the palest of the colors, this makes blending the darker tones easier. Aww… isn’t he cute?
- I then see where the darker areas are going to be and use a little bit of the darker shades.
- I have highlighted the lighter areas with a Prismacolor White pencil. Inked around the edges using Stormy Sky Distress Ink and a Blending Tool and I also inked the lower edge with white Colorbox Pigment ink and embossed with Stampendous Shabby White Embossing Enamel. This is the first time I am trying this out and I love it ! I can see me using heaps of this !!
- A little tip here, using a craft knife cut out inside the base layering card and use this to mat the image, saves on card and postage! Every little helps.
The finished card!! I used a Holly Vine Die from Memory Box and I cut the corner holly on the Silhouette Cameo. The Poinsettia is from Tim Holtz and I added some Magnolia Redly Berries to the center. I wrapped some Lawn Fawn Mistletoe twine around the panel and tied a bow, then added loads of sequins and added a SSS Exclusive ‘Happy’ Sentiment to finish.
Supplies for all 3 cards:
Thank you so much for inviting me to join in with the STAMPtember event :-) I am thrilled to have been asked to showcase the new range of House Mouse Cling stamps and I hope you like what I made :-)
Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win a special blog candy!