Hi crafty friends! Please join us in congratulating and commending all that have and continue to give to the very worthy Caring Hearts Card Drive, who, this year are celebrating their 10th drive! WOW! If this drive is new to you, here is a bit more information about it and how you can contribute!
The holidays are about family, kindness, and joy. During this time many of the elderly living in nursing homes may feel extra lonely or miss their families. We can bring a smile to their faces and brighten their holiday season simply by sharing our love of card making. A simple gesture to let them know that they are not forgotten. That someone is still thinking of them. We all love making cards and what’s better than knowing that our creations can bring a smile to others, right?
The team of helpful volunteers are all ready to assist us in delivering the cards to selected nursing homes.
- This card drive will be run from October 4 to November
8(extended to November 15), 2019. We need to receive your cards by November 8, 2019.
- Please make the cards for Christmas or Holiday Wishes only.
- All cards need to have a message inside (can be stamped or hand written).
- Sign your name and where you are from inside the card.
- Include an envelope for each card and please don’t seal the envelope.
- Please stick to standard size A2 or 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ card as this will help us in packing more efficiently.
- Please don’t use any pins or loose glitter (for safety reasons).
- This is totally optional, but if you’d like to include $3 or $5 to help with shipping, it’ll be much appreciated. We cover the shipping cost ourselves & postage prices have increased. Last year we struggled to cover the postage cost, so any donation toward shipping would help us tremendously.
For US, you can mail the cards to:
- Vera Yates, 1314 Roy St., Houston, TX 77007 (Note: if you’re in Houston and would like to drop off the cards directly please email Vera Yates at: wirianta at hotmail.com)
- Cindy Groh, 111 10 Mile Rd NW Sparta, MI 49345
- Deb McCleary, CHCD, PO Box 54, Watsonia, VIC, 3087 Australia
- Caroline Bredeson, 11 Ave. des Oblats, Unit 112, Ottawa, Ontario, K1S 5V8, Canada
- Rita Andrews, 28 West Gissing Rd, Cochrane, Alberta T4C 1L6, Canada
In each package, PLEASE include THIS 2019 SUBMISSION FORM. This helps us in keeping track for prizes! For each card you send, you will get a chance. So the more cards you send, the better your chances.
The nursing homes that we supported are based on what people suggested to us. If you want your local nursing homes to receive cards from the card drive, please email me the name of the nursing homes and the number of residents, so we can make sure that we send enough cards. The number of nursing homes we support are totally based on how many cards we received. To keep things organized, we assigned the 5 collecting addresses above.