Hi bloggers! Happy STAMPtember® Sunday to you! While it may seem silly as it’s the first day of fall today, we would like to share with you an absolutely beautiful holiday card tutorial with the fabulous, Paula Cheney! It’s never too early to get inspired, let alone get started on making cards, right?!
Hi There! Paula from Tim Holtz brands.
If you are anything like me, I need to start thinking about Christmas Cards in September to even think about getting them done by November! So my card for SSS STAMPtember is all about Christmas. I mean who can go wrong with the new Tim Holtz Christmas Stamps just released at CHA? From the great background to the jolly Santa. He was easy to color with Distress Markers and a detail water brush. Picket Fence Distress Marker for the beard and fur is the secret weapon!
- Cut a 5 x 7” piece of white cardstock. Use Barn Door Distress ink and a Blending Tool to color cardstock.
- Use the spritz and flick technique – spritz water into palm of your hand, flick onto cardstock. Let it sit for a few seconds and then dab off excess water with a paper towel. Dry with heat tool.
- Stamp Cardstock with Seasonal Catalog Christmas stamp and Black Archival ink.
- Trim off edges of cardstock so stamp is centered and paper is 4 1/4 x 6”.
- Use Fired Brick and Walnut Stain Distress ink to enhance edges of cardstock.
- Position Sizzix Sized Oval – medium, on card front and run through die cut machine. Discard center oval.
- Cut card base from Merriment Paper Stash – 6 3/4 x 9 3/4”. Fold in half and score. Adhere stamped cardstock on Merriment paper with Collage Glue Stick.
- Stitch around edge of cardstock with sewing machine. (optional) Use small scissors to cut away Merriment paper inside oval shape and create a window in the card front.
- Clip between points in Industrious sticker border so it conforms to the oval shape. Add to card front. Note: the border does not reach all the way around the oval. The opening is hidden under the poinsettias in the lower right corner of the oval. Stamp 2 sets of poinsettias from the Mini Holidays 5 set onto manila cardstock with Barn Door Distress Ink.
- Use Ranger Clear Embossing Powder to heat emboss the red poinsettias. Cut out the two groups of flowers, leaving a small manila border. Ink edges with Distress Ink. Add a small amount of liquid glue to center of each flower. Pour Distress Glitter – Peeled Paint over glue for a fabulously shinny flower center. Add poinsettias to card front with foam tape.
- Add Vial Label with Remnant Rub word, jolly. Swipe white Dabber Paint across a Christmas Word Band. Wipe away excess. Add Word Band to front of card with brads.
- Stamp Santa onto Ranger Water Color paper with black Archival Ink. Color with Distress Markers and Detail Water Brush.
- Add Santa with stamped sentiment and another Industrious board strip to inside of card.
Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win a special blog candy!