Hi readers! Do we have a TREAT for you today! (Pun intended.) So happy to be back with Richele Christensen as a guest designer on our blog with some fabulous Tim Holtz inspired treat boxes that are just perfect for this time of year!
I’m personally loving the touches of glitter she added to them. What’s your favorite thing about them?
Hello everyone, I’m so honored to be back here on the Simon Says Stamps Blog with these fun treat boxes that are quick and easy to make. Treat boxes are always a big hit with friends, family, co-workers and especially the kids! The combination of Tim Holtz Blueprint Stamps and die cuts are perfect for our project today.
- Die cut several boxes from the Laboratorie Paper Stash using the Pillow Box Bigz Die.
- Add Wonder Tape to the flap of the box.
- Fold box on creases and adhere flap to create box.
- Die cut several Rosettes from Kraft’core cardstock using the Paper Rosette Decorative Strip. Fold on score lines making a giant zig zag strip.
- Apply a little Glossy accents to one end.
- Adhere the two ends by touching them together to make a tube.
- Place the tubes on your Craft Sheet with the scalloped edges down.
- Use a small scrap and apply a generous amount of Glossy Accents.
- Gather the tube toward the center.
- Push the rosette down into the Glossy Accents piece. Hold in place until it holds.
- Adhere the center to the rosette with Glossy Accents.
- Make several Rosettes at the same time.
- Stamp Halloween blueprint images onto Distress Watercolor Cardstock using Jet Black Archival Ink.
- Color the images with Distress Markers and a Detail Water Brush.
- Apply Glossy Accents then add Distress Glitter as desired.
- Continue to add Distress Glitter one color at a time.
- Cut a 1” band from Kraft’core cardstock, wrap around box and adhere with Glossy Accents.
- Create Rosettes with the Blueprint images and a few words from Seasonal Chitchat. Distress the edges with Distress ink an an Ink Blending Tool.
- Foam Tape imagery to the rosette.
Thanks for stopping in and Happy Halloween!
Thanks for reading today, and thanks again to Richele for this amazing inspiration!
Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win a special blog candy!
Please email Samantha (Samantha@SimonSaysStamp.com) with your mailing address and the name of the blog you won from to claim your prize!