Hi readers! Happy Tuesday to you! Today I have a festive treat by the always cool & creative Paula Cheney! Let’s check it out together… shall we?
I know it’s only July, but for me that is the best time to start thinking Christmas cards! Today I’m using a couple new sets of stamps just released by Tim Holtz and Stamper Anonymous. Two of my favorites in fact! I love coloring the stamp to create a watercolor effect – super easy to do and the Ranger Watercolor paper is the perfect surface for this technique. Hope you will give it a try!
- Cut Grungeboard using the Sizzix Ornate Frames die (save center oval).
- Paint Ornate Frame with Distress Paint – Brushed Pewter. Let dry.
- Brush on a coat of Multi Medium.Place frame onto a scrap piece of paper. Pour Distress Glitter -Pumice Stone over the frame. Tap off excess (do not press down). Return excess Glitter to jar. Set aside to dry.
- Cut Kraft-Core cardstock 4 1/2 x 12”. Fold in half to create card base.
- Use oval shape (saved from die cutting) as a template forcard front opening. Trace around oval and cut away center. Distress cardstock with Sanding Grip to reveal the second layer.
- Ink card front with Mini Distress Ink – Vintage Photo (set #3)Cut a piece of plastic the size of card front.
- Use Jet Black – StazOn Ink to stamp a sentiment using the new Stampers Anonymous- Handwritten Holidays 2 set.
- Add plastic to inside card front so sentiment shows through oval window.
- Once Distress glitter on Ornate Frame is dry, ink the edges with Mini Distress Ink – Walnut Stain (set #3). Yes, Distress Glitter is totally inkable!
- Use Multi Medium to add the Ornate Frame to the card front.
- Use Brush end of Distress Markers to color wreath from Stampers Anonymous – Styled Woodlands.
- Lightly spritz the image with water to reactivate the ink.
- Cut a piece of Ranger Watercolor cardstock. Stamp wreath image in center.
- Use Distress Marker Spritzer and a Distress Marker to add speckles of color to background.
- Align wreath to show through window.
- Cut watercolor cardstock to fit inside of card and adhere to card back.
- Add Industrious Sticker strip to bottom edge of card. (I stitched the sticker strip to the card just to add a bit of texture)
- Add three colors of Mini Distress Ink from set #5 – Barn Door, Pumice Stone, and Peeled Paint to craft mat. Make sure the colors touch, but don’t overlap. Spritz with water.
- Spritz Crinkle Ribbon with a bit of water to help control the ribbon. Fold the ribbon into thirds and lay it over the three ink colors. Let the Distress Ink soak into the ribbon to get pure color. You can add more water to make the colors bleed. Once the Crinkle
- Ribbon has soaked up enough color, move it around on the craft sheet to add a bit of variation.
- Dry Crinkle Ribbon with Heat it Tool, scrunching as you go.
- Cut a few leaves from the Merriment Paper Stash (polka dot) with the Sizzix Tattered Flower Garland Decorative strip.
- Ink edges of leaves with Distress Ink. Crumple to create a more realistic look.
- Create a loopy bow with dyed Crinkle Ribbon. Adhere to frame with Multi Medium. Add polka dot leaves under bow.
Thanks for reading today, and thanks to Paula for being our guest!
Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win a special blog candy!
Congrats! Blog Candy Winners!
Please email me ([email protected]) with your mailing address and the name of the blog you won from to claim your prize!