Amore Laurafadora: Happy Everything
Hi friends! Happy Tuesday! Welcome to the latest edition of
, our bi-monthly blog series with the one-and-only Amore Laurafadora Laura Bassen! She is showcasing our Painted Flowers Wreath stencil and Happy Everything die on this pretty card! Want a tip on how to make colors pop on kraft cardstock? Start with a base of white pigment ink!! Have you seen Concord & 9th’s new Neutrals Foil paper pack? It’s one shiny mix!! Be sure to watch the video for more information and enjoy!
Simon Says Stamp Stencil PAINTED… CZ Design Wafer Dies HAPPY EVERYTHING… Neenah Environment 100 LB SMOOTH… Simon Says Stamp Pigment Ink Pad… Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad February… Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad PICKED… Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad CANDIED… Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad CARVED… Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad MUSTARD… Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad TWISTED… Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad MERMAID… Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad BLUEPRINT… Gina K Designs SET OF 2 Blending… Concord & 9th NEUTRALS FOIL Paper… Simon Says Stamp VELLUM SSSVEL12 Neenah Classic Crest 80 LB SMOOTH… Neenah Classic Crest 110 LB SMOOTH… Elmer’s SPRAY ADHESIVE Glue Clear… Bearly Art THE BUNDLE Precision Craft… Simon Says Stamp Sequins ASSORTED… Studio Katia EMBELLISHMENT WAND sk014 The Ink Stand White SQUARE is751 Crafter’s Essentials PINK Easy See… Set of 5 Rainbow Pack BLENDER BRUSHES
Thanks so much for stopping by, and thanks to
La u ra for being our guest!
Lovin’ it! Get out to your burn pile (I’ve recently started pulling the hose out to mine when I start it after I almost set the lawn on fire :(
Beautiful card Laura!!! Love this technique!!
Great card. Fantastic video. Thank you.
Beautiful! Love the card, love the stories. Glad your daughter is recovering and glad you’re home safe.
What a great idea to use the white ink on the craft and then offset it slightly. It made that stencil looks completely different. Gonna steal that technique. Thank you.
Hi, Laura – This is why your fans love you. You’re nuts and so, so, so relatable. OK – debriefing notes:
1) Gina K has an excellent video in which she uses white colored pencils and then colors over them w/ colored pencils on kraft paper and pa-pow! What a difference compared to just coloring on kraft (craft) w/o the white layer. Same idea as white ink pad under colored ink.
2) So glad you had a white ink pad! You must have been dancing a jig when you found it.
3) I think you like to say “khaki” because you love the expression “chaps my khakis.”
4) I can just imagine you out in the yard at 2 a.m. w/ a hose in your bathrobe. OMG! You are a hoot.
5) When your hubby gets back, how long will you all stay here? You’re going back to Germany after a bit? I am in NO way rushing you back there; merely curious.
6) Glad to hear that Alex is doing well. I disagree that you are not tough… you’ve burned, unclogged, repaired and replaced things. You’re tough!
7) Oh, yeah – the CARD! Love it!!! The gold horizontal line was a terrific add-on kind of at the last minute. That mirror paper is terrific – of course, sold out now! We really could see you – it was like “Laura: Fun House Version.”
Keep it real, lady!
L in PA
Love all your videos Laura! And especially love your updates on you and your family! Beautiful card! Love the white ink and rainbow overlay too! You are tremendously talented! Thank you for sharing your work with us!
Love the white ink and then the color. Brilliant idea! Glad to hear that you and the family and getting along well. It’s always good to learn new skills!
Sooo many cool tricks for this card. It’s gorgeous. I want that gold paper! Hearing you say khaki in that IL twang reminds me so much of my aunt who spent most of her life in Galesburg and Bloomington. Her nickname for me was khaki which was a playful twist on Cathy. You sound just like her. And I remember as a kid we burned leaves in the driveway. Afterwards we pushed the ashes off to the side and forgot about them. I looked out the window that evening and saw flames. No one believed me, but sure enough, the ashes had burst into flames again. So, regardless of your casual attire, getting the hose out there was absolutely the right thing to do. You’re a smart cookie to juggle so many jobs, and a sweet mother. Hang in there.
Love this card!!!! But most of all…I love to listen to you….because by the end of your videos I am smiling (sometimes laughing)and just feel like everything is right with the world!
This is so pretty
Awesome card Laura and the finishing touche is stunning and makes the card so elegant. I mean of course the beautiful gold paper.
Thank you so much for sharing, stay safe and have a great week.
Oh my!!, this card is really “happy everything”!!…so beautiful!
Laura, so glad you are back in the U.S. ! Speaking of burning, we have a burn barrel and burn a lot of leaves and dead twigs and branches. Well, hubby started a fire, didn’t realize how close to the burn barrel a pile of leaves were, walked away and forgot about the burning. Next time he goes out to it he noticed that a spark had escaped and set the leaves. OMG! He could have burned down his new pole barn. Crazy.
Card is beautiful as always. And, so glad your daughter is doing ok.