Hi friends! Happy Wednesday! Please join me in a BIG Simon welcome to first time SSS blog guest writer, Tanja! She has made an adorable card using a brand new holiday stamp design from Gerda Steiner Designs! Please read on for more details and enjoy!
Hi there, my name is Tanja and I am on the wonderful Gerda Steiner Design Team. Today, I have the huge honor to show you this adorable Christmas Card on the Simon Says Stamp Blog. Gerda came out with some fabulous new Christmas Stamp Sets this year. There really is something for everyone: Christmas Puppies, Little Christmas Reindeer, Happy Snowman, Smell Like Christmas, and Christmas Kitties.
Of course, I had to use one of the fun little cats, for I have four wonderful cats myself. Read on to capture the step by step of how I made this card!
- Stamp the cute little cat and the bauble from the Gerda Steiner Designs Christmas Kitties set with Versafine Onyx Black and color the image with Derwent Inktense pencils and a damp watercolor brush
- Stamp the twig from that same stamp set with Delicata Emerald Green ink.
- Add highlights with a white gel pen and some sparkle with Wink of Stella Clear Glitter
- Apply Distress Oxide Ink Broken China through the Tim Holtz Stripes Layering Stencil to create a background stamp the sentiment from the same stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black.
- Adhere the stitched focal panel to another stitched panel cut from patterned paper from the Christmas plaid patterned paper before adhering all the layers to a white card base.
I hope you find your favorite critter to create this fun card design! Happy crafting!
Thanks so much for reading, and thanks to Tanja for being our guest!
Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win a special blog candy!