YOU Are My Favorite
Hi Bloggers! Happy Sunday to you! I’d like to welcome guest designer Lea Lawson to our blog today! She whipped up a seriously cool card using Dear Lizzy & WPlus9 products! The result: BEAUTIFUL! I love it when designers show us how to combine a lot of elements from different sources to make one unified fantastic project. Don’t you?
Let the creative juices flow …. & enjoy!
When I received the new Polka Dot Party collection by Dear Lizzy, and knew that I wanted to pair it with my WPlus9 stamps & dies. I was inspired by the soft pink & aqua shades included in the collection, & added a bit of trendy gold here & there! This was perfect for a love themed card, especially for that one special person in your life!
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut the background star paper slightly smaller.
3. Cut the 3×4 card from patterned paper, then stamp the sentiment to it.
4. Adhere it to the star paper using foam adhesive.
5. Add the two tabs & the gold clothespin to the upper left corner of the card.
6. Cut a small strip of ruffled paper & adhere to the bottom of the stamped card.
7. Wrap twine around the ruffled paper, then adhere the entire block to the card front.
8. Die-cut two feathers from vellum & tissue paper, & adhere to the right side.
9. Accent the top of the ruffle paper with stitched & epoxy stickers.
10. Add two photo corners, an epoxy sticker & a twine double bow to the right side of the ruffle.
11. Accent with wood veneer stars, then stamp the rest of the sentiment to the bottom of the card to finish.
Thanks so much for reading and to Lea for being a guest today!
Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win a special blog candy!
What a gorgeous card.
Such a beautiful card! x
Such sweet colors! Thank you!
Great sentiment and lovely card!
Love it… Looks such clean and thoughtfull
love the soft colors very elegant looking card
Love the colours in the card
The pastels with the serious gold? A beautiful combination!
Beautiful! Love the touches of gold. :) Thanks for sharing.
What a stunning card! So many cool details!
What a stunning card! totaly love it!
Very nice card:-)
I like seeing designers use products from different sources too. THat’s where real creativity comes in!
Really gorgeous card !!!!
I love the color combination you used! Very pretty.
beautiful card thanks for sharing
lovely card thank you for sharing your work with us today.
great card project looks lovely together
Love these sentiments.
Ohhhh what a beautiful card!
I love the contrast of soft colors with a touch of sparkle – so pretty!
Gorgeouse card with lots of pretty texture.
I’m always in awe of people who can use many layers and combine so many different elements into one coherent card. Also love the added touches of glitter.
That gold clothespin is just plain yummy!!
Fab card – love all those elements!
Love the touches of gold! I follow the blog by email
Beautiful details on this pretty card!
Love all the hearts and stars!!
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
Love this… so pretty and aren’t those stamps just awesome!
Such a lovely and fresh card. Love the splash of gold.
Gorgeous Card! Thanks for all the inspiration.
That’s a lovely card and the touch of gold ties everything together beautifully!
Love the card! You make it look easy!
Beautiful card, thanks for sharing it.
Very pretty with all the details and textures!
This is such a beautiful card – love the bellies
This is so pretty! I need the feather die.
Such a beautiful card!!
A very beautiful design!
So cute and fun!
Absolutely gorgeous card! Love all the details. Very pretty!
Love those stitched stickers! Beautiful.
What a beautiful card! Love the design and the colors.
Love those colors and the embellishments. Beautiful card! TFS
So cute, love the colors! Thanks for sharing!
Beautiful and elegant! Love the colors and glitter :)
Love the fancy embellishments!!!