Hi everyone, this is Yana Smakula, welcome back for another Yippee For Yana video! Today I’m sharing one of my favorite ways to use my crafty supplies in a non-conventional way, not in the way they were designed! I’m using the gorgeous Prismatic Snowflake stamp set from Simon – I love that this set features various sizes and designs of snowflakes, from that very large one to very tiny snowflakes. I also have a set of coordinating dies and you’ll want to make sure when you pick supplies to re-create this card, that the stamp set you’ve selected has a set of coordinating dies unless of course, you don’t mind fussy cutting. We will be doing a lot of die-cutting for this card, so I feel like having coordinating dies is a must.
I also picked several sheets of colored card stock and these also make the color scheme for my card – Pesto from Hero Arts, Audrey Blue from Simon, Adriatic from Hero Arts, and Fog, from Simon. We will also need white embossing powder and I prefer to use detail white as the snowflake images are rather detailed.
Follow these instructions step-by-step to re-create this card:
- Heat emboss snowflakes from Prismatic Snowflake stamp set in Simon’s white detail embossing powder onto Audrey Blue, Adriatic, and Fog cardstock. Use mini MISTI stamping tool. Cut out using coordinating dies.
- Heat emboss the sentiment from the Holiday Greetings Mix 1 set on Pesto cardstock panel in detail white embossing powder.
- Create a Christmas Tree shape using snowflake die cuts. Foam mount snowflakes onto the panel. Layer additional snowflakes for added dimension.
- Trim snowflake panel to 4 ⅛ x 5 ⅜ “, foam mount to A2 white card base.
- Embellish card and Christmas Tree shape using sequins and clear droplets. Add dots using Sakura White #10 pen.
- Let dry and enjoy!
Have fun stamping!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and thanks to Yana for being our guest!