Hi friends! Happy Thursday! Please join me in welcoming back special guest Yana Smakula to our blog! Read on and be sure to watch the video for more information! Enjoy!
Hi everyone, this is Yana Smakula, welcome back for another Yippee For Yana video! One of my favorite ways to use floral stamps is to build my own custom floral patterns. Today I’m using one of Simon’s new floral clusters, from the Best Friend Ever stamp set, to create a custom floral pattern for a friendship card.
This is a simple-to-make card using an oldie but goodie technique. I invite you to join me and make a card like this using the supplies I am using today or similar products you might have in your stash!
Follow these steps to re-create this card:
- Using a MISTI stamping tool stamp the floral cluster coming in from the corners of the panel to fill the entire 4 ¼ x 5 ½” panel. I needed to stamp the image 4 times to fill the background. I also stamped 3 partial impressions in the gaps where I felt I had too much space.
If you’d like to create a one layer card, begin by stamping the sentiment first. Next, build the floral pattern around it. This way the sentiment will look as if it is nestled in between the florals.
- Color the pattern using Copic markers. I used RV34, RV11, and RV00 to color most of the flowers pink; BG45 and B000 to color the large leaves teal; G99, G94, and YG63 to color the small leaves green and Y15 to color the smallest flowers yellow.
- Add white highlights to the images using Sakura gelly roll pen.
- Die-cut a circle from white cardstock. Stamp sentiment using sentiments from the Inside Friendship Messages stamp set. Stamp the main sentiment in VersaFine Onyx Black ink and the sub-sentiment is light gray.
- Foam mount sentiment circle onto the card.
- Stamp another floral cluster onto a piece a scrap paper. Color just the section with the yellow flowers. Cut the image out using a coordinating die. Cut the edge using a circle die and foam mount partial cluster over the sentiment circle.
- Decorate the flower centers using Nuvo Drops in white.
- Let dry and enjoy!
Have fun stamping!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and thanks to Yana for being our guest!