Hi friends! Happy Thursday! Where has the week gone? I’m so pleased to welcome first time special guest Amy Lee to our blog today! Please give her a warm “Simon” welcome in the comments below, and read on to find out tips and tricks to recreate these cool cards!
Hello friends! Amy here! I am so excited to guest for Simon Says Stamp! I will be playing with my favorite style today, i.e. white heat embossing with watercolor. I am in love with the Sketch Ranunculus and Wild Beauty stamp sets designed by my sweet friend Yoonsun Hur. So, I am experimenting with different ways to use them.
Here is my first watercolor card. Scene card is my favorite style and I love combining different stamp sets to build the scene I have in mind. I used Lila from Hearts for Lila stamp set. She looks like she is looking at something beautiful. So, I made an arch of flowers for her. I positioned the flowers so they look like they are falling slowly from the sky. Her hair also helps with the movement of the flowers. It almost feels like there’s a breeze blowing in there!
Here is my step-by- step:
1. White heat emboss the flowers from Sketch Ranunculus and Wild Beauty on watercolor paper. Stamp Lila and the sentiment with MFT Milk Chocolate hybrid ink. Loosely color the flowers and Lila with Gansai Tambi watercolor.
2. To ground my scene, I have drawn in some grasses using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and softly brushed them with a damp paint brush. I also blended in some Peacock Feathers distress ink at the bottom. To add more texture, I splattered some water and pink watercolor onto the whole scene
3. Die cut the panel with MFT Die-namics Blueprints 25 to finish My second card features a faux watercolor technique. Here is how I did it.
1. First, die cut an opening with MFT Peek A Boo Circle Windows Die-namics. Then, white heat emboss the flowers around it.
2. Blend Evergreen Bough, Dried Marigold, Tattered Rose and Shaded Lilac distress inks. Then, I use a wet paint brush to paint the same colors randomly. This gives a textured watercolor look.
3. For the sentiment background, I blended some Spiced Marmalade and added some splatters. I heat embossed the sentiment in Rose Gold. Then, mount the floral panel with foam tape.
4. Finally, I embellished with some Pretty Pink Posh Clear Sparkling and Rose Gold sequins. That’s all for today. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!!!