Hi Friends! It’s Nina-Marie here with you again for a brand new Studio Monday feature!
Today I am going to be sharing a super fun (and oh-so-tropical!) scene card featuring Taylored Expression dies. I’ll walk you through the creation of the scene, as well as sharing tips and tricks on how to add fun details to your cards using watercolors; or in this case, the Zig Clean Color brush markers!
For my card I’ve paired the Taylored Expressions On the Line Beach die set, as well as the Happy Summer Banner dies together; these dies work so well together and I love how they create such a fun and happy scene! Because I wanted to add extra details to these dies, I used the Zig markers to color everything in. However, keep in mind that you can create a stunning scene with these dies using a variety of techniques! Here are a few more ideas:
- die cutting from white cardstock and blending ink over the die cuts
- cut from colored cardstock and add shading ink blending
- cut from white cardstock and color with Copics, colored pencils, etc.
In the video below, I’ll walk you through how I created this card from start to finish! If you enjoy, please give the video a “thumbs up” and subscribe to our YouTube channel for more weekly inspiration!
For those of you interested in the Zig Clean Color marker combinations I used in today’s card, I have them broken down for you below:
- palm trees: Light Green (041), Dark Oatmeal (066), Mustard (067)
- surf boards: Carmine Red (022), Turquoise Green (042), Yellow (050), Scarlet Red (023)
- sand: Flesh Colour (071), Beige (072), Oatmeal (064)
- seashells: Flesh Colour (071), Dark Oatmeal (066)
- seagulls: Light Gray (091), Dark Oatmeal (066), Yellow (050)
- ocean: Light Blue (036), Turquoise Green (042)
- banners: Turquoise Green (042), Scarlet Red (023), Carmine Red (022), Yellow (050)
- string lights: Yellow (050), Beige (072)
- sky: Yellow (050)
- crab: Yellow (050), Scarlet Red (023)
Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win a special blog candy!