Hello crafters! It’s Nina-Marie here with you today, sharing a super-fun interactive card that features Sunny Studio and Lawn Fawn products! The cool thing about today’s card is that the interactive element does not require any special dies or products.
We’re less than a month away from the first day of Autumn… which is quite hard to believe! The Fall Kiddos stamp set from Sunny Studio really captures the joy of Fall with the sweet images and mix-n-match sentiments. In my interactive card, I used quite a few of them.
All of the colors used throughout this card are anchored by the brand new Knit Picky 6×6 paper pad by Lawn Fawn. I love the bright, Fall-inspired colors in these papers and used the multicolored leaf pattern as my guide for selecting the Copic markers I used in coloring the kids.
I built a scene for the kids using dies from Lawn Fawn and Simon Says Stamp. Here are some details on what I did:
- The grass is cut from Green Apple cardstock with the Lawn Fawn Grassy Hillsides die set and blended with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Ink.
- The trees are from the Lawn Fawn Birch Trees die set and cut from Neenah cardstock. There are highlights on the trees, drawn with a Gelly Roll white pen.
- On each tree are a variety of colored leaves that I cut with the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Leaf Wreath die from different colors of cardstock.
- Behind my scene is a background that I ink blended with Wild Honey and Broken China Distress Oxide Inks. I added splatters with some water for texture.
- I also included a greeting from the Fall Kiddos stamp set and tucked it under one of the trees.
Now you are probably looking at this card and wondering why I would consider this an interactive card… because nothing moves! Well, that’s where the surprise comes in to play! The interative element is on the INSIDE! When you open the card…
Ta da! Inside the card is a spring-loaded “leaf launcher”, that flings a scattering of Fall leaves out at the receipient! This is SO easy to make and so much fun. I have a video below showing you the step-by-step details on how to put it together, so that you can surprise your friends with a card full of happiness for the Autumn season!
I hope you’re inspired by today’s tutorial featuring some of these adorable products from Lawn Fawn and Sunny Studio! Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting with me today!
WATCH THE VIDEO
Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win special blog candy!