Simon’s 10 Creativation Crafty Must-Haves!
Hello crafters! Have you been excited for all the latest-greatest coming out of Creativation 2018? I certainly am! Today I wanted to share 10 things from Creativation that are definite must-haves for your crafty arsenal!
- Tim Holtz and Tonic Studios Stamp Platform: If you loved the awesome 8″ Stamp Platform from last year, you are in for a big treat! The brand new Travel Stamp Platform is the perfect companion for all your upcoming crafty adventures, retreats, classes and more! The platform footprint is 6.5 inches square, which means it is super convenient for card making and small mixed media projects. And just like it’s “big brother”, the Travel Stamp Platform has the reversible lid that allows you to use either clear or cling rubber stamps. What’s not to love about this new kid on the block?! BONUS: There is also a coordinating zipper sleeve (sold separately) available for your Travel Platform!
- Tim Holtz and Ranger Metallic Mixatives: Alcohol Inks are all the rage right now and things just got more ink-credible with the addition of new metallic Mixatives! The trendy Rose Gold adds an elegant shine, while Gunmetal has an awesome vintage vibe with its platinum-like tone! These round out the entire Metallic Mixative line up that Tim Holtz and Ranger have given us. If you are an alcohol ink lover, you’re going to NEED these new mixatives!
- Distinctly Dylusionals and Ranger Gel Plate Collection: Gel press transfer/printing techniques are fun ways to get amazing texture on your projects. Distinctly Dylusionals’ new Gel Plate collection has everything you need to get creative! You can use these Gel Plates not only with paints, but inks too! There are multiple plate sizes available, along with brayers, a Gel Plate Conditioner solution (keeps your plate clean and in tip-top-shape!); even a handy storage tin! These are a mixed media artist’s dream!
- Ranger Anti-Static Pouch:Do you struggle to get perfect, heat embossed images and end up with flecks of powder haloed around your stamping? That is most often the result of too much static in the paper or oil transferred from your fingers. Ranger just released their brand new Anti-Static Pouch and it’s a must-have for any heat embossing crafter! What’s great about a powder bag like this is that it applies powder to your paper almost effortlessly. Just pounce and rub onto the cardstock; then stamp, apply and melt your embossing powder. Once cool, brush away any remaining powder! If you’ve never tried a powder bag before you’ll want to give this one a go!
- Lawn Fawn Pivot Pop-Up die: This interactive die is absolutely fabulous and SO MUCH FUN! I got to play with this at Creativation and couldn’t stop opening it! If you are an interactive card fan, you’re going to want this die! The die set includes all the pieces you need to build the po- up effect (yay!). One of the most clever aspects of the entire design of this die is that when you close the card, it is completely flat, which means it will go through the mail without an issue. Lawn Fawn did an amazing job putting this Pivot Pop-Up together!
- Darkroom Door Artist Palette stamp set: Every crafter can relate to the Artist Palette cling rubber stamp set from Darkroom Door! I really love the detail in these stamps; it even captures the highlights in the paintbrushes! And the quotes are awesome: Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes; Art is knowing which ones to keep… and the other… Make each day your masterpiece. We all need little reminders like this when we are having a tough time in the craft room!
- Crate Paper Rose Gold Flourish Thickers: Again, we find metallics in play with the new Crate Paper Flourish collection Thickers in a stunning rose gold foil design! These pretty, dimensional stickers have approximately 3-4 of each character. You’ll be able to spell out just about anything you need on your cards or scrapbook pages! I saw these at the trade show and loved seeing the shiny rose gold foil in person!
- Altenew Crafty Life stamp set: Altenew always has such stunning sentiment stamps in every release they roll out and this new set I spotted at Creativation won my crafty-heart instantly! Welcome in the new Crafty Life set! This 6×8 stamp set is loaded with lots of cute and unique craft-related sentiments (all in a variety of fun fonts)! A few of my favorites are: Create happiness today; I craft so hard I sweat glitter, and; I love you more than stamps & that’s a lot! This is a must-have for ALL crafters!
- Crafter’s Companion Black and Gold Luxury Cardstock: The word luxury doesn’t do this new Crafter’s Companion glitter paper justice! I got to touch this cardstock at Creativation and it was SO velvety and smooth, I couldn’t believe it! I’ve used lots of glitter paper before and never have I felt one like this. The glitter doesn’t rub off (YAY, extra bonus!) and it comes in a variety of colors! The Black and Gold pack is a great staple to have in your craft supplies, as we often find ourselves reaching for these classic colors often! Check out that stunning sparkle in the photo above!
- Hero Arts Nested Rounded Rectangles: My last crafty must-have for today is the versatile Hero Arts Nested Rounded Rectangles die set! I don’t know about you, but for years I used to use a corner rounder to get that rounded edge on my panels. But they are bulky to store and you have to cut the paper down first beforehand… but this die set does it all in one fell swoop! Hooray for convenience! The best part is that Hero Arts designs these nesting dies to fit a TON of them into one set; which is an exceptional value! Basic shapes are some of the most used dies for us crafters and this set is a great addition to your stash!
I hope you have enjoyed learning a bit more about these 10 Crafty Must-Haves from Creativation 2018! Be sure to stay tuned to our store and blog, as we will be bringing in more of the amazing things from Creativation as they are released! Thanks for visiting with me today; I will see you on Monday for a new Studio Monday video!
Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win grab bags and blog candy! Remember to tag your awesome projects with #simonsaysstamp on social media so we can see what you are creating!
I love the pivot pop up die!! I think it is a real live saver and makes things so much easier on us crafters!!!!
I want everything!!
I spy lots of fun things to add to my wishlist! :D
One of everything please!
Hope theirs away to learn all about trying to
make some of these cards, Are you commit
to how many you buy, if I can’t get the hang
of doing this