One Die with Two Different Themes
Hi readers! Happy Tuesday! I always enjoy seeing the beautiful things Yoonsun Hur makes and today is no exception! She cleverly shows in the duo of cards how to easily use color and scene setting to stretch your dies into every season! Read on to learn more & enjoy!
Hello crafty friends, happy Tuesday!! I am so excited to share my cards with you! Today I have two different themed cards using the Birch Tree Window die.
For my first card, I made an autumn card.
1) Die cut the Birch Tree Window from the centre of the watercolor paper panel.
2) Die cut some tiny leaves from a separate watercolor paper using the Stitched Leaf Wreath die.
3) Adhered all leaf die cuts on the birch tree window panel using the fine-tip glue pen.
4) Ink blended on the panel with Crushed Olive, Wild Honey, Victorian Velvet Distress inks using mini ink blending tool, and then lightly brushed the panel using a wet paint brush.
5) Watercolored the birch trees and leaves using Hero Arts Watercolor Wheel.
6) Adhered the acetate sheet to the back of the birch tree window panel using double-sided tape. Allow this to dry completely.
7) Stamped and watercolored the images from the Secret Garden set, and then die cut them with the matching dies.
8) Die cut the grass hill from watercolor paper using the Stitched Slopes and Hills dies, ink blended it with Crushed Olive Distress ink, added water droplets.
9) Heat embossed the sentiment from the Autumn Greetings set on black card stock in white, then cut it the small banner.
10) Positioned some autumn colored sequins on the back of the birch tree window panel, then applied foam tape around the edges of the shaker window.
11) Mounted all elements as shown to an A2 sized card base using foam tape.
For my second card, I made a Christmas card with the same Birch Tree Window die. I decorated the shaker window panel with the snowflakes and snowman instead of autumn leaves.
Thanks for reading today, and thanks to Yoonsun for being our guest!
Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win a special blog candy!
Congrats! Blog Candy Winners!
From: Big Numbers Birthday: Danielle Dietz!
From: Coordinating Die Masking with Jennifer McGuire…Plus Hero Arts Sale!!: Cheryl Crenshaw!
From: Weekender with Wanda – Taylored Expressions Cupcakes: Marcie Lovett!
From: Color Coordinates: In the Stars: Lynn Gauthier!
From: Studio Monday with Nina-Marie: 10 Craft Room Organization Quick Tips: Tara Prince!
Please email [email protected] with your mailing address, the name of the blog you won from, and the prize you won to claim your prize!
Love that die and how versatile it is!! Thanks for sharing your talent.
Wow! I love how you used the same die for such different looks! So beautiful and fun
very versatile die. Well done.
Ohhhh, what an amazing die!! I haven’t seen that one before. Love it – and love the fabulous cards showing off how it can be used!!
This is so beautiful!!! I especially love that forest die cut!
Love these cards and I love that you showed two different ways to use the die which btw I love and had to buy when it came out. Thanks for sharing
Really wanting this beautiful die! Gorgeous creations to show the versatility of the die!
Love the cards Yoonsur! Great job making two different cards with the same die. I love your little snowman card. Thanks for sharing.
That birch window die is on my wish list! Fabulous examples of getting the most from this beautiful die!!
It’s great to see how versatile this die can be!
Absolutely gorgeous! This die is awesome and I love how it can be used for different seasons! Wonderful!
I just love this die…so many possibilities!
Love the shaker cards!
BEAUTIFUL!! THANKS for sharing!! =)
Love the very different looks to the two cards, which are both absolutely lovely!
so versatile. . . .lovely cards
This is such a versatile die, looks like an instant must have to me …The cards are amazing.
Such awesome cards Yoonsun! Great work.
Congratulations to all of your winners as well!
I love the two completely different looking cards using this die!! So pretty
I love these cards…really nice projects!
love that die ! and how it has many different options, great cards
Very cool. Two totally different looks for this lovely die. Hugz
Thanks for showing these two completely different looks!
Just thought I would give you heads up on one of your products. Your stamptember NUTS ABOUT YOU just sold on ebay for 123.50 . The sooner you get this back in Stock the more revenue you will make. It seems this would be a great loss to your company.
This is a die I would like to have! You could use it for all seasons.
Love how versatile that die is! Such great seasonal cards!
it’s lovely to see two such completely different versions of the basically the same card – it opens the mind to what else you can do. Wonderfyl work,
Need these dies!!! I adore both of these cards!! TFS!
Love these dies. Card are super amazing. My wish list just keeps on growing
Lovely cards! I really liked how you inked over the leaf die cuts for an interesting, yet subtle effect.
Fun & clever ways to use one die.
I just love this die and these cards are absolutely lovely!!
Wow! Awesome cards!
Always see your stuff on instagram and forgetful comment here
Beautiful cards showcasing this great die. Thanks for sharing !!
BOTH are BEAUTIFUL and MAGICAL!!!
THANK YOU for sharing :)
Wow! Both cards are awesome!
Wow!How awesome and versatile are these dies! Amazing cards! tfs
Love the birch die and I really like the different looks you got from it.
Both cards are stunning, I love the colours of the fall card, but I love the festive feel of the Christmas card – gorgeous cards!
Great use of this die!
What a cool die – thanks for sharing some creative ways to use them. Beautiful cards!!
I love these cards and this die! It reminds you that the world around you changes season’s and makes everything look different but they are the same objects.
Lovely card inspirations! Thanks for sharing!
Love the cards! Very cute!