Hi readers! Happy Wednesday to you! Please join me in welcoming guest designer Vicki Boutin to the blog today! She has a really fun scrapbook layout featuring some brand spankin’ NEW Simple Stories product and Ranger product! Enjoy!
Hi there! It’s Vicki and I am beyond excited to be sharing this project on the blog today!
Simple Stories new line “I Am” is probably one of my all time FAVORITE releases. I dig the color palette and the whole idea of including your story in your paper crafting. I also have a real love for Tim Holtz’s Distress paints and inks. So I combined the two in this “traditional scrapbooking meets mixed media in a contained encountered”.
The “contained” part refers to the peek-a-boo circles on the page. All of the “inky” goodness is on the bottom page and is confined to the cut outs. This technique works well when mixing papers or products with a more linear design with free flowing mixed media techniques.
Here are a few steps to follow to get the look.
- Add Distress Paint to an acrylic stamping block
- Press the “polka dot” pattern on to your patterned paper. I like a tone on tone color palette for this.
- Add Distress Ink with an Ink Blending Tool. The paint will resist the ink.
- Ink a background stamp with Distress Ink and stamp a pattern on the paper
- Buff the ink off of the painted areas with a paper towel
- For the wood veneer title: dab two shades of Distress Paint on the wood
- While the paint is wet sprinkle the word with clear embossing powder and heat set
Go ahead and put the pieces together to create a fun layout with a twist. Or adapt the ideas to make a card.
A big thank you to Simon Says Stamp for letting me join in the fun today! Have a great day!
Thanks for reading today and thanks to Vicki for being our guest!
Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win a special blog candy!