This is a card of two parts, a busy ink blended sky with a calm watercolored scene underneath.
I use this method of writing a step-by-step instruction on my blog and thought you’d like it here too, although the video goes into things in more detail:
- Stamp the winter scene from the Santa’s Sleigh Ride Slider set in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.
- Stamp the scene again on Simon Says Stamp masking paper, trim out and lay over the one on the watercolored card.
- Blend Distress Inks over the sky – Spun Sugar, Wilted Violet, Weathered Wood, Hickory Smoke, Stormy Sky and Black Soot.
- Splatter the sky with white gouache and leftover paint.
- Swipe Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste through the Large Falling Snow stencil.
- Lift the mask and watercolour the winter scene. I used Daniel Smith paints.
- Trim the watercolored panel to fit an Ivory A2 card base and attach with foam adhesive.
- Stamp a greeting from the CZ Design Good Cheer set in Versamark Ink on Black card and white heat emboss.
- Trim the sentiment to a skinny banner and add with foam adhesive.
Well, that’s me for this month. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Thanks for joining me and I hope to see you next time for Doodling With Debby.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and to Debby for being our special guest!