Hello, it’s Debby here. When I saw the new Delicate Outline Flowers set from Simon’s new Rainbows release I knew I had to paint it! My first thought was to heat emboss the design in Antique Gold Embossing powder and use the raised heat embossed lines to resist some quick and easy watercoloring. However, in the end, no-line watercoloring won as I felt this technique lets the gorgeous blooms shine.
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Stamp the Simon Says Stamp Delicate Outline Flowers set using Spun Sugar and Bundled Sage Distress Markers on Fabriano Artistico Cold-Pressed watercolor card.
- Tape the card to a board with 3M Painter’s Tape to prevent warping.
- Watercolor. I used Daniel Smith paints.
- Splatter with White Gouache, left-over paint and Perfect Pearls
- Trim the panel and adhere to a Fog card base with 3M Foam Tape.
- Trim two coordinating greetings from the Simon Says Stamp Sentiments Strips Reverse Wedding set and adhere with foam tape.
- Add a trio of Eggshell Pearls using Gina K connect glue to keep them in place.
Well, that’s me for this month. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial; you’ll find the video below. Thanks for joining me and I hope to see you next time for Doodling With Debby.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and thanks to Debby for being our guest!