Hi friends! Happy Tuesday! Thanks so much for stopping by our blog today! We hope you take a bit of inspiration to lead to something crafty! Please join me in welcoming back the always inspiring Debby Hughes in our monthly installment of our Doodling with Debby blog series! Read on and enjoy!
Hello, it’s Debby here, and I am delighted to be joining you in 2021 with my Doodling With Debby series. I’ve noted recently that simple projects are the most popular, so I’m starting the year with a simple handmade Valentine’s card, but this card could be used all year round.
This card has a rich background panel with details from the Boho Circle stencil clear embossed on the red card. The clear embossing emphasises the stencil design, and because the embossing protects the card underneath, you can add ink over the top, and the red card beneath will shine through.
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Cut a piece of Schoolhouse Red card to be slightly larger than the Boho Circle stencil.
- Apply anti-static powder over the card and then place the stencil on top, keeping it in place with masking tape.
- Brush clear embossing into the stencil openings.
- Sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set.
- Rub away the excess anti-static powder with a clean cloth.
- Brush Dark Chocolate ink around the edges of the panel.
- Cut the panel to be a little smaller than an A2 card base.
- Brush ink around the edges of the panel again.
- Splatter with gold paint.
- Die-cut the Love Birds die from Ivory card.
- Stamp the ‘I Love You’ sentiment from the Love Greetings Mix set in clear embossing ink and heat emboss with Antique Gold embossing powder.
- Trim the greeting with a scalpel and ruler.
- Add the panel to an Ivory card base with foam tape. Use the foam tape to also add the greeting and die-cut love birds.
- Embellish with Autumn Mix sequins held in place with Gina K Connect Glue.
Well, that’s me for this month. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial; you’ll find the video below. Thanks for joining me and I hope to see you next time for Doodling With Debby.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and thanks to Debby for being our guest!