Hello, it’s Debby here. So often I reach for my Daniel Smith watercolors, but I felt like using watercolor markers for this month’s video, and I pulled out the Karin Brushmarker Pro set that I have. I used just six colors to paint this beautiful Magnolia Background set which I paired with the Swoopy Thank You.
STEP BY STEP HOW TO
- Stamp the Simon Says Stamp Magnolia Background set on Fabriano Cold-Pressed watercolor card in Gina K Whisper ink.
- Tape to a board.
- Use Karin Brushmarkers Pro and a damp paintbrush to paint the image.
- Deepen shadows and define edges with Faber Castell Polychromo pencils.
- Accent highlights with a white gel pen.
- Splatter with White Gouache, Perfect Pearls and ink from the watercolor markers.
- Trim the panel to fit an A2 card base.
- Attach the panel with foam tape to a card base cut and scored from Neenah Desert Storm 100lb.
- Die-cut the CZ Design Swoopy Thank You from Ivory card and vellum.
- Glue the Ivory Thank You to the vellum base layer with Gina K Connect Glue.
- Add small pieces of foam tape to the back of the vellum and attach them to the card front.
- Accent with Nuvo droplets and Eggshell Pearls.
Well, that’s me for this month. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial; you’ll find the video below. Thanks for joining me, and I hope to see you next time for Doodling With Debby.
Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks to Debby for being our guest!