Beautiful Journey Tag
Hi there! Happy Sunday and Happy Father’s Day! Don’t forget to wish Dad a very happy day! Please welcome Richele Christensen back as a guest today, and continue reading for a super cool tag inspiration focusing on a variety of fun Tim Holtz branded items! Please enjoy!
Hello friends! It’s Richele and I’m so happy to be back on the Simon Says Blog! Today I’m sharing a mixed-media piece with lots of texture and grungy goodness! Don’t you just love the warm vintage look that was created just by using Distress Collage Medium in Vintage.
- Spray Woodgrain Cardstock with water then spray with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Spray Stain. Dry with a heat tool.
- Apply Archival Ink directly to surface and dry with heat tool.
- Adhere Woodgrain to Etcetera Tag with Distress Collage Medium.
- Tear a few pieces of cardstock from the Etcetera Paper Stash and adhere to Tag with Distress Collage Medium.
- Sand around edges in a downward motion using a Sanding Grip to clean up the edges.
- Die cut Globe from Watercolor Cardstock. Color Globe with Distress Markers, blend colors with Water Brush and dry with a heat tool. Repeat as desired.
- Apply a layer of Vintage Distress Collage Medium over entire surface. Adhere Globe adding a layer of Vintage Collage Medium on top. Let dry.
- Apply Distress Crayons to create a shadow around Globe and edges working in small areas and smudging out color with fingers.
9.Choose Typography letters and place in baggie, add Alcohol Ink and squish letters around to color.
10.Dump letters on to Craft Sheet and let dry.
11.Apply Gold Metallic Mixative to Blending Tool with felt and a few drops of Blending Solution then ponce on to Typography letters, Arrow and Stars.
12.Cut Ruler to approximately 4”, mist with water, color with Distress Spray Stain and let dry.
- Adhere Metallic Kraftstock to a piece of chipboard with Distress Collage Medium.
- Die cut Industrial gears, randomly add Grit-Paste with finger tip to gears and set aside to dry.
- Apply Alcohol Ink and a few drops of Blending Solution to felt and color gears.
- Apply Pitch Black Alcohol Ink to a cotton swab and randomly color gears and adhere with Distress Collage Medium.
- Color Paper Doll with Distress Marker and blend out with cotton swab.
- Apply Distress Crayons to the center of the gears and blend out with Water Brush.
- Add Small Talk Stickers, apply a coat of Vintage Collage Medium over stickers, let dry, apply Distress Crayon around stickers and blend with Water Brush.
- Tie Craft Thread around Arrow attaching Compass charm. Add Index Clips to both ends of Ruler. Adhere Typography, Arrow and Ruler with Distress Collage Medium. Adhere Paper Doll with foam tape.
Thanks for reading today, and thanks to Richele for being our guest!
Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win a special blog candy!
Love the wood grain and the vintage look.
An awesome tag Richele. (I am a total tag fanatic!) There are so many cool elements on your tag that I could write a book here if I started… LOL So instead I will keep it short and say, you have done an amazing job! Well done!
gorgeous mixed media tag! love the vintage look! thanks for the tutorial :)
Love the vintage look and the gorgeous gears you made
I just love this!! So beautifully done!! I want one.
Stunning project! Love the tag!!!
This is crazy amazing! Well done!
A fantastic tag Richele, I love the ruler and the great colour you achieved on the Typography letters!
Really awesome. Lots of work but so worth it. Nicely done.
What a fantastic tag Richele, amazing textures and layers and so many wonderful techniques, thanks so much for sharing it! Deb xo
Wowee what a fabulous project!
Stunning work. Lots of steps but it’s explained well enough that me as a newbie to mixed media would be ale to achieve the same look. Thank you so much for sharing.
Beautiful tag. I love this type of art and this is just stunning. So many awesome details.
WOW! What a great project.
Oh, my goodness! This is great!
What an incredible project. Thanks for going step by step.
Simply stylish x
Love all the beautiful details.
Love the whole Tim Holtz Distress line. Happy Father’s Day. I already follow by email.
This is an AWESOME tag!
Such a nice masculine project!
So beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing all the steps in such detail!
Awesome tag! All the little details make it spectacular. :)
Wow! I love all the details. So much going on. Wonderful!
Such an enormous amount of talent and patience went into making this – beautiful.
This tag is just awesome. I love the vintage and masculine style of the tag
Amazing work on
this tag! Love
the elements used
and the fussy cuts.
Carla from Utah
I love Tim Holtz stuff! What an inspirational piece!
i like how your photo just jumps right off the tag.
This is so amazing; awesome techniques and ALL that Tom Holtz goodness !!!
Awesome mixed media tag. Love Tim Holtz products. Thanks for sharing…
Beautiful creation!! Love it.
Very cool love the look and especially the black soot ink surrounding some of the elements :)
Wonderful tags! So many great details!
Beautiful tag. Lots of neat products you used.
Very cool! The woodgrain looks so realistic. WOW, that’s a lot of work.
Love this–perfect for Father’s day-thanks for the inspiration.
Wow!!! Spectacular tag!! I love everything about it!!
I love this mixed media tag. The woodgrain background is awesome and I love the globe!
WOW! You can really see all of the hard work you put in to this super cool tag!! Awesome job!
Awesome work on this mixed media steampunk tag!
Your placement of elements are spot on. The young man resting- awaits his next journey! I just love the story it tells.
Wow this looks so super! TFS and showing us how you made this!
Beautifully artistic project!
Another fabulous project from Richele!
(As a side note, could you put the text either directly above or below the photo to prevent having to scroll up and down while reading?)
Crazy super masculine awesomeness!
Awesome project with a touch of steampunk!!!
All these beautiful products make me swoon… so many beautiful ideas, and the final products is so cool!! thanks for the inspiration!!