Hi all! Kristina Werner here. :)
Today I have a video and card for you featuring the use of Distress Oxides Inks and the original Distress Inks with water. I’ve always loved creating backgrounds with the Distress Inks, so adding in the Oxides was a lot of fun!
When I first started this card, I planned to only use Distress Oxide Inks, but as you’ll see in the video, I wanted to intensify the colors a bit to let the embossed stamping stand out more. So I added layers of Distress Ink as well.
Speaking of the stamping, I used Simon’s Seeing Stars stamp set for the images and greeting on this card.
To create the greeting area, I stamped the sentiments from the stamp set on vellum and white heat embossed them. I adhered the stamped vellum piece to another sheet of vellum (to make the vellum be more opaque) using Connect Glue from Gina K. Then I ran the double-vellum piece through a Xyron Sticker Maker to apply adhesive to the entire surface. This allowed me to adhere the vellum to the card without adhesive showing.
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoy the card video. :)