Welcome everyone!!! I’ve had a playdate with Jane Davenports Making Faces products. Wow, are they fun!!
I will admit that I felt a bit out of my wheelhouse when I sat down to start this project (I’m not much of a make-up wearer), but with the guides that Jane Davenport offered in the front cover of the Contoured Face Paper Pad, I was able to jump in and go to town.
I used the Birthday Suit pastel set to apply the facial colors then added deeper colors for contouring using blender sponges and foam batons. I’ve used the Colorstick Gel Crayons to add bright colors to her hair, blending with my finger and batons.
I ended up trimming around her hair at the top and mounted the piece onto black cardstock followed by Audrey Blue cardstock to match her eye color. As a finishing touch, I added a thin bead of glue and glitter streaks to her hair.
I’ll break down some of these primary products for this project so you’ll have a better idea of how they are used.
- Pastel Sets: Powder pastels, apply with a baton or blender sponge
- Baton Blenders: Dual tip foam applicators
- Blender Sponges: Sponges of different density and shapes
- Ultimate Waterproof Brush Pen: Permanent colored brush tip pens, can be blended out with a water brush or paintbrush before they dry.
- Licensed to Quill Brush Nib: Permanent Black ink with a brush tip
- Colorstick Gel Crayons: Silky smooth color stick that you apply to projects like lipstick
- Contoured Face Paper Pad: Your starting point for fabulous faces!
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you’re as excited as I am about this line of products!! I can’t wait to create another one.
Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win special blog candy!