DIY Decor featuring Prima
Hi readers! Thanks for popping by today! We’re pleased to welcome back Prima queen and super designer Sharon Laakkonen as a guest on our store blog! She has another kiddo with wedding bells in his future and was inspired by the happy occasion to create this piece of art! Read on and enjoy!
My family is crazy big…which means we always have a lot going on! This year is no exception. My oldest son, Billy, is getting married in June to his sweetheart, Bethany! Our whole family has been busy crafting away for it.
Today’s DIY wedding project is by far one of my favorites yet…because it is FAST and EASY to create! And you can customize it to fit any color scheme or theme. (I might just make another one for my home!) Let’s jump right in!
1. Start with Prima’s new line: Relics & Artifacts. These gorgeous cast pieces are ready for anything you want to throw at them, but you know what? They are absolutely beautiful unaltered too! I chose a few I thought would fit a “love” theme and grabbed the new wood frames to go with them. Then I started to play!
2. Once I narrowed down my Relics & Artifacts choices I grabbed Chalkboard Paint that matched their wedding colors…along with a Color Bloom spray in Gold Foil. I painted two frames with Sea Breeze paint, then sprayed the middle frame sparkling, brilliant GOLD! (I’m obviously smitten with Gold Foil as you can see by the heavily used bottle!) Dry all frames. (I only used one coat of paint on the frames as the chalkboard paint is quite thick.)
3. Now comes the FUN part! I chose a few Prima embellies that matched everything beautifully:
one pack of Isabella Roses (Nicia-581688)
Memory Hardware Glass Pearls (just pick out the gold ones! 990398)
a Bloom Girl Thread Word (LOVE-980474)
and the luxurious Memory Hardware Grande Rosette Trim (990466)
4. Add roses to smallest tray. Set letters on top. If letters do not rest evenly move flowers around. Adhere everything with hot glue.
5. Add a thick layer of gel medium to the inside bottom of the tray. Set the wings on the gel. Brush gel medium on back of heart and set on top of the wings. Pour gold glass pearls in! (Save a handful of to fill in any spots left open.)
6. Cut four pieces of Rosette trim. (Each one will be 5 rosettes long.) Adhere to large tray. Print out a photo (3.5 x 5″) and adhere gently to top of trim.
That’s it! It really is fast once you get going! And you can customize the frames with your favorite Prima embellies making this a really fun project! Just think of the possibilities: hang them to make a mini gallery wall, set on easels for a cute entry display, or give as a adorable wedding favors!
Thank you, SSS, for inviting me to create for you! It is always a huge pleasure!!! ~Sharon Laakkonen
OH SO Stunning!!! Love every blooming thing about every project – but those rosettes are breathtaking!
Love the relics and artifacts.
Great wedding supplies.
These shadow boxes are gorgeous, love the ideas!
What fun projects!
Nice projects! I love shadow boxes!
What a sweet project !
Ah, young love is wonderful! Congratulations to the happy couple! Your projects are beautiful!
My son’s wedding is in 5 weeks! I am also currently working on wedding projects! These are beautiful!
This decoration set is wonderful!
Such a stunning set of wall decor! The colors are beautiful together and I just really love all of the details!!
So beautiful! Your son and his bride are just adorable. I love the way you decorated these boxes. I think they will make a lovely display.
Such a beautiful couple…and the boxes are gorgeous! Hugs, Robin
What beautiful projects! Thanks for sharing!
Beautiful projects. They look so delicate. Nice colors.
Those are beautiful and lovely pieces that you’ve created. Your son and his bride will cherish these for years to come!
Wow, these are awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Ooooh I LOVE this project and I have a granddaughter getting married this year … what a perfect tutorial for me. Thanks so much!
Congrats and thanks for sharing your lovely projects!
Congrats to your son & soon to be DIL! Beautiful projects Sharon, I’m sure the wedding and decorations will be beautiful!
Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!
These came out just beautiful congrats
Grogeous projects. I really love the one with the photo, so special.
Just beautiful and congratulations to your son and his fiance, wishing them many years of happiness!
Very fun project!
This is an amazing!!!
Love these ideas!
Oh, wow..wow…wow!! Gorgeous project using Prima. I must give this a try after seeing these. My walls can definitely use some art pieces like these.
Super creative! Thanks for sharing. :)
What awesome picture frames!!! The chalkboard paint looks like so much fun!!
always something new
Your blog is awesome! That’s simply beautiful. I love the colors and I can’t wait to get started later tonight.