Custom Holiday Gift Tags
Hi readers! Happy Tuesday! If you’re ahead of the game, (or at least begun), it’s time to start thinking about how to WRAP those lovely presents you lovingly picked out for the special people in your life! We’re happy to welcome back guest designer Richele Christensen to our blog for some fun gift tag & wrapping ideas… just in time for Christmas!
P.S. How FUN are the Tidings Tokens?!
Hello friends! It’s hard to believe Christmas is right around the corner and if you’re like me you have lots of packages to wrap before the big day. Making a custom stamp pad with Cut-n-Dry Felt is the perfect technique to make personalized tags for all the gift under your tree. I love the gift giving season!
1. Stamp image on to Cut-n-Dry Felt with Archival Ink. This will act as a guide for where to add the reinkers.
2. To make our custom stamp pad choose Distress Reinker colors for your design. (Peeled Paint for the greens, Iced Spruce for the pine needles, Festive Berries for the berries and Gathered Twigs for the Pinecone.
3. Use the dropper applicator to add reinker to the design where desired. Work quickly so the reinker doesn’t spread out to much between colors.
4. Now you have a custom stamp pad. The stamp pad can be stored in a plastic baggie to use later or reinked if necessary.
5. The Tag Collections Framelits set will be perfect for cutting our tags and bands. Look at all the dies you get in this set.
6. Die cut several tags from manila cardstock.
7. Make a long band with the tag shape on each end by die cutting one side of the tag and positioning the Dimensional Cutting Pad so it doesn’t cut the end or center of the band.
8. Turn the die around and cut the other side using the Dimensional Cutting Pad again so not to cut the center.
9. You will end up with a band that has the tag shape on both ends. This technique enables you to make die cuts longer if desired.
10. Stamp the messages with Jet Black Archival Ink with the Mini Handwritten Holiday set from Stampers Anonymous. Stamp your Holly or Pinecone images using your custom stamp pads.
11. Add some background texture with the Distress Spritzer and the Iced Spruce Distress Marker. Load the marker in the Spritzer so the tip of the marker is over the end of the spritzer.
12. Hold the Distress Spritzer straight up and down then squeeze the Spritzer to blow air over the marker and you get this fun texture in the background.
13. Ink the edges of the tags with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
14. You can also make your own wrapping paper with your custom stamp pad. Love how the tag matches the wrapping paper.
I hope you will try making a custom stamp pad. I can’t tell you how easy it is to make lots of cards or tags in a short period of time! I cant wait to see all the pretty packages under my tree!
Thanks for stopping in today and I hope you and your family have a very Happy Holiday!
Thanks for reading today, and thanks to Richele for being our lovely guest!
Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win a special blog candy!
From: NEW Lawn Fawn Valentines are HERE!: Mary Roberson!
Oh, these are beautiful packages! Thanks for all the great ideas.
What beautiful tags for gifts. Great ideas. Thank you Richele. Loving the long tags.
Love the wrapping ideas. . . and matching tags. . .great!
I love the tag ideas. I’m always looking for new ways to use my alcohol inks.
These are GORGEOUS. Thanks for sharing.
Another wonderful idea I just love! And thank you for choosing me for one of your fabulous blog winners! Am thrilled!!!!!
Great idea… I’ll do it. Love it
Fabulous tags! Love that stamp set Richele used!
Beautiful tags and packages :-D
Love your tip to extend the tags! All of them are awesome!~kim
Some nice ideas thanks
What lovely packages!!! I want these under my tree!!
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
Beautifully wrapped presents :) Great tags!
Such a cool idea!! Thank you so much for the MC!!!
STUNNING..such a great idea and gorgeous gift wrapping!
those tags are very pretty. I would almost hate to unwrap it!!
Beautiful tags. Thanks for the inspiration.
Great. Got to start earlier for Christmas next and do all my tags too!
Oh, those packages are so pretty! I love the red with the Kraft paper. Great projects!
Besides the tags looking so wonderful… that wrapping paper looks great too (:
Everything is lovely!
Beautiful! I would love it if my gifts looked that good! Thanks so much for inspiring.
These wrappings make me want to just buy a roll of Kraft paper and create my own gift wrap. So lovely.
NOW, you make me wonder WHAT is INSIDE???? LOL PERFECTLY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
These tags are so festive and gorgeous. I love them and thank you so much, Richele.
I love making my own stamp pad idea!
I LOVE these!! Such AMAZING Inspiration!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)
These are wonderful!!!
Great idea !!!!
wonderful tags such good ideas.
Beautiful gifts, thanks for the inspiration :)
What fun to make your own gift wrap and tags. Thank you!
Just what I needed to get back in the Christmasspirit! Thanks!
So beautiful!!! Love the inspiration!!!!
Gorgeous tags! I love that vintage look! Thanks for the inspiration. Now if I can on;y find the time!
Love the tutorial! Love the vintage look.
Beautiful! Almost running out of time here but hoping Sunday I can sit down and make tags!
Richelle- these are fabulous tags!! Well done!
Absolutely beautiful gift tags! and I love the step by step tutorial.