Hi there! Happy Sunday and Happy Father’s Day! Don’t forget to wish Dad a very happy day! Please welcome Richele Christensen back as a guest today, and continue reading for a super cool tag inspiration focusing on a variety of fun Tim Holtz branded items! Please enjoy!
Hello friends! It’s Richele and I’m so happy to be back on the Simon Says Blog! Today I’m sharing a mixed-media piece with lots of texture and grungy goodness! Don’t you just love the warm vintage look that was created just by using Distress Collage Medium in Vintage.
- Spray Woodgrain Cardstock with water then spray with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Spray Stain. Dry with a heat tool.
- Apply Archival Ink directly to surface and dry with heat tool.
- Adhere Woodgrain to Etcetera Tag with Distress Collage Medium.
- Tear a few pieces of cardstock from the Etcetera Paper Stash and adhere to Tag with Distress Collage Medium.
- Sand around edges in a downward motion using a Sanding Grip to clean up the edges.
- Die cut Globe from Watercolor Cardstock. Color Globe with Distress Markers, blend colors with Water Brush and dry with a heat tool. Repeat as desired.
- Apply a layer of Vintage Distress Collage Medium over entire surface. Adhere Globe adding a layer of Vintage Collage Medium on top. Let dry.
- Apply Distress Crayons to create a shadow around Globe and edges working in small areas and smudging out color with fingers.
9.Choose Typography letters and place in baggie, add Alcohol Ink and squish letters around to color.
10.Dump letters on to Craft Sheet and let dry.
11.Apply Gold Metallic Mixative to Blending Tool with felt and a few drops of Blending Solution then ponce on to Typography letters, Arrow and Stars.
12.Cut Ruler to approximately 4”, mist with water, color with Distress Spray Stain and let dry.
- Adhere Metallic Kraftstock to a piece of chipboard with Distress Collage Medium.
- Die cut Industrial gears, randomly add Grit-Paste with finger tip to gears and set aside to dry.
- Apply Alcohol Ink and a few drops of Blending Solution to felt and color gears.
- Apply Pitch Black Alcohol Ink to a cotton swab and randomly color gears and adhere with Distress Collage Medium.
- Color Paper Doll with Distress Marker and blend out with cotton swab.
- Apply Distress Crayons to the center of the gears and blend out with Water Brush.
- Add Small Talk Stickers, apply a coat of Vintage Collage Medium over stickers, let dry, apply Distress Crayon around stickers and blend with Water Brush.
- Tie Craft Thread around Arrow attaching Compass charm. Add Index Clips to both ends of Ruler. Adhere Typography, Arrow and Ruler with Distress Collage Medium. Adhere Paper Doll with foam tape.
Thanks for reading today, and thanks to Richele for being our guest!
Blog Candy Alert!! Follow our blog via email and comment on this post for a chance to win a special blog candy!